Has anyone tried hooking up a Macbook to a LG HDTV (720p)

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 32" LG HDTV (720p) at a very good sale price, however I've been hearing it's not very compatible with the macbooks mini-dvi output. Has anyone tried this and experienced any problems? P.S. My Macbook is a late 2008 Version 10.5.7 Leopard OSX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.8GHZ, 4GB DDR3
If you're LG has an HDMI input open, use that.

I used the Belkin DVI to HDMI adapter along with the mini-DVI to DVI cable and it worked wonderfully with one caveat: You had to adjust some settings on the TV.

I was using a Sony, so I won't bore you with what details they are.

OP
M
Reaction score
Those are the cables I plan on using, however I'm more concerned about this because it's an LG which has a bad rep for compatibility with MBs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.8GHZ, 4GB DDR3
Those are the cables I plan on using, however I'm more concerned about this because it's an LG which has a bad rep for compatibility with MBs

Care to explain by bad compatibilty?

Some people have mentioned how the screen and the dock are cut off, but on my TV it was a settings adjustment.

OP
M
Reaction score
This is off another Apple Forum:
Brian O'Brien

Re: Connecting my MacBook Pro to an LG LCD TV.
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 9:21 AM in response to: James Kincell

I spoke with LG tech support in Canada. They said they do not support Apple computers.

Brian O'Brien

Re: Connecting my MacBook Pro to an LG LCD TV.
Posted: Sep 5, 2007 9:23 AM in response to: Brian O'Brien

I tried all resolutions, but it only changes the laptop monitors resolution as the external display isn't even recognized. F7 did nothing either.

I spoke with LG tech support in Canada. They said they do not support Apple computers.
I guess that means the probably don't support nVidia?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.