Dial from contacts

Reaction score
I've had my iphone for a week after using a Blackberry for 2 years.... and love it. That being said, there is just one thing that I cannot do with my iphone that Is typical of the BB. start typing a name on the keypad and the predictive text feature starts giving choices....both names and telephone numbers. Is there a way to get my iphone to search contacts that way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
Two ways you can do that actually:

1) From the home screen, swipe from left to right to bring up the search screen. From here you can enter in a contact name that can be selected and dialed.

2) If you are in the contacts section of the phone you can scroll to the top where you will find a search box. This functions much as described above except it only searches contacts and not the whole phone.

OP
D
Reaction score
Two ways you can do that actually:

1) From the home screen, swipe from left to right to bring up the search screen. From here you can enter in a contact name that can be selected and dialed.

2) If you are in the contacts section of the phone you can scroll to the top where you will find a search box. This functions much as described above except it only searches contacts and not the whole phone.

Thank you so very much.
I'm happy now!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.