MacBook (late 2006) not charging

Reaction score
My MacBook isn't charging/LED on charger isn't lighting up... I tried other chargers and those didn't work AND my charger works on other Macs. I did the SMC reset (not sure if it did anything - how do you know when SMC reset is successful?) and nothing changed. Other than power getting to the computer/battery the computer works just fine.

Is there a fuse or something inside the computer? I'm running out of ideas and I don't know what to do next...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53GHz, 4GB, Snow Leopard + iPhone 3G
Yar, i had that problem with a BlackBook. The battery had been used so much it died! To fix it we replaced the battery for about £100.

I have also heard that this can be caused by a faulty logic board, this is more serious.

Best plan of action would be to swap a battery with a friend/co-worker and see if it works then.

OP
A
Reaction score
Yar, i had that problem with a BlackBook. The battery had been used so much it died! To fix it we replaced the battery for about £100.

I have also heard that this can be caused by a faulty logic board, this is more serious.

Best plan of action would be to swap a battery with a friend/co-worker and see if it works then.

I tried a different battery and it's the same problem. My computer wouldn't charge the other battery and my battery WAS getting properly charged in the other computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.