Burning MP3's

Z

zer0uk

Hi Can anyone advise how i can copy MP3's onto a CD, I am new to Mac's I have just bought an iMac G5 I dont want to convert the files to Audio (I have an MP3 player in my car so all i want to do is put the MP3's onto the CD) can i do this within os x or do i need to buy toast and if so which version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
zer0uk said:
Hi Can anyone advise how i can copy MP3's onto a CD, I am new to Mac's I have just bought an iMac G5 I dont want to convert the files to Audio (I have an MP3 player in my car so all i want to do is put the MP3's onto the CD) can i do this within os x or do i need to buy toast and if so which version?

Hi
its very easy. here it is step by step:

1. open iTunes
2. menu iTunes>preferences
3. burning
4. mp3 CD checkbox.
5. ok
6. navigate to playlist
7. burn

thats it
enjoy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Sorry to high-jack this thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread similar to this topic.

I did the steps above to burn a music CD, but the CD will not play in any other CD player other than my G5.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to burn a music CD for my Grandfather to give to him with his gift. But its just not working. I've burned 6 CD's so far and none of them will work in any other CD playing device.

Thanks all.

OP
M

meltbanana314

Ah, you're burning them as MP3 CDs, not audio CDs.

MP3 CDs are recorded differently than audio CDs, so they can't be read by most older CD players - but they hold a lot more data than audio CDs. Go back to step 3 and check "audio CDs" instead of MP3 cds, and it should work fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply. Yea, I tried both and did some investigating. I found that you're supposed to use Audio and not MP3. Still didnt work. What else could I be doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
TTheInfamous1 said:
Thanks for the reply. Yea, I tried both and did some investigating. I found that you're supposed to use Audio and not MP3. Still didnt work. What else could I be doing wrong?
are you using a cd-r or cd-rw?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it may also be the brand of media you're using, I suggest using verbatim, if you use a cheap-o brand, it won't work sometimes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fearlessfreap24 said:
are you using a cd-r or cd-rw?
I used both. CD-R and CD-RW. I use Imation. I think thats the name. From what I understand, thats not a cheap brand. I could be wrong.

EDIT: I just checked. It is Imation that I use.

OP
J

Jefe3223

Imation shouldn't have these problems. Definantly a good brand. Don't know what could be wrong.

OP
M

meltbanana314

How old are the discs, and what colour are the bottom sides?

I tried using some 1.5 year old discs (with blueish undersides, bought in a pack of 100) with my PowerBook and that gave me half-working CDs, but I bought some new Imations with silverish undersides and they work perfectly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.