Latin Extended Keyboard

Reaction score
I just got a new macbook pro and am having major problems installing Latin Extended Keyboard available here--
Latin Extended Home

Everytime I download it and move it to my keyboard layouts folder, the mac freezes. I've called tech support with the issue and they can't fix it. I took the computer into a store and all they could do was wipe the slate clean and begin all over again. The store didn't rule on whether it was the layout or not, but I just downloaded it again, computer froze, but luckily unfroze just long enough for me to get the keyboard out of there.

Has anybody had similar problems or more importantly have any solutions? I need the keyboard in order to type diacritics for my work...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I just got a new macbook pro and am having major problems installing Latin Extended Keyboard available here--
Latin Extended Home

Everytime I download it and move it to my keyboard layouts folder, the mac freezes. I've called tech support with the issue and they can't fix it. I took the computer into a store and all they could do was wipe the slate clean and begin all over again. The store didn't rule on whether it was the layout or not, but I just downloaded it again, computer froze, but luckily unfroze just long enough for me to get the keyboard out of there.

Has anybody had similar problems or more importantly have any solutions? I need the keyboard in order to type diacritics for my work...
Those Layouts are only compatible up to 10.3 according to the website. Your MBP has 10.5...

But your Mac includes layouts for all the major language families, so you should be able to type all characters using input language switching?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.