Folders in dock?

Reaction score
Hi all, is there a way to have folders in the dock (main area). As i have so many programs that i use in the dock, but would find it easier if i could group programs like CS4 and Office.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
There may be a better way, but I just created a folder under applications and moved all of the programs to it. Once that was done I placed it down on the dock by dragging it there. MS Office should already be in a folder, so just drag it down there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Open Finder. Highlight the folder in question and drag it to the right side of the dock.

If your dock is too crowded, removing the least frequently used apps from the dock and then access them with spotlight. Command-Space. Then type the few letters of the application name.

Also, by default, Office puts 4 icons in the dock. But how often do you actually start a new Office doc from scratch. Usually you are just opening an existing doc. You could remove them from the dock and then access them by clicking whatever file you are opening with them.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. So you can only add these on the right side of the dock, not the main part i have found.

Ideally i would like them on the main part. Is there any third party plugins for this maybe? I have looked but nothing has come up that's looks like what i am after.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13' Unibody 2.26Ghz
Not sure about the main part - but I use a stack for a lot of apps so they are always just two clicks away.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yeah that's right, i may just create the folder stacks in appliction of what i want and put them all on the right hand of the dock, then remove the short cuts from the main bit. - Same thing really :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13' Unibody 2.26Ghz
Yea, I like keeping my dock clutter-free and simple - stacks seems to accomplish this nicely. Can even do various stacks based on app type: i.e. Games, Web Design, Photo/Video, etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.