IPod Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac G5 2 GHz 20 inch- IPod Touch 2nd Generation
ok so i have an Ipod Nano and recently switched from PC OVER TO Mac. Now i tried setting up Itunes... i GOT MY MUSIC ON THERE! but it says my Ipod is corrupted! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!

i read up on it and some people said it was illegal music, and other outrageous reasons like that. the only "illegal music" you can say is on my ipod is a CD someone else burned for me. WHAT DOES IT MEAN! i live my life by music please help!:'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Never heard of anything like this, but try clicking on the "Restore" button in iTunes.

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
now let me explain in better detail. I plug in the ipod, it connects then ejects. It will NOT sync my music. In fact just to be sure it was not a computer glitch i even restarted my computer, then tried again.

Now i know despite popular beliefs macs CAN get virus' would this indicate a virus ON MY IPOD?!
and is it safe to plug into my computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
der_kitty, they can't get viruses. So no, it's not a virus on your iPod. The only thing it could be is a trojan.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
When you have iTunes open and plug the iPod in, does it show up in the sidebar? Let us know and I will try to help you from there.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
der_kitty, they can't get viruses. So no, it's not a virus on your iPod. The only thing it could be is a trojan.

Just to be clear, it's not that they "can't", it's that there are no known viruses at this point in time.

What happens when the iPod is connected to your old PC?

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok well IPod Nano, a trojan is CONSIDERED A VIRUS, althouh it i believe is a worm. And how would i tell if it DOES?

eddiddiums i dont have a PC anymore i have a Mac. But when i plug in my ipod, all it does is connects, ATTEMPTS to Sync, and ejects, leaving my ipod with none of the updated music on it.

Now the format for my Ipod IS Windows PC. But still does NOT explain why my computer says my Ipod is corrupted.

Although i have heard of a small "stink" (if you will) between Apple and windows Vista. Again still does not explain why my ipod is corrupted.

PS eddiddiums i like your user picture XD

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
ok well IPod Nano, a trojan is CONSIDERED A VIRUS, althouh it i believe is a worm. And how would i tell if it DOES?

No, it's not. You're giving Trojans more credit than they deserve. A Trojan is simply a malicious program made to look like a desirable one. One could simply repackage a command that formats your hard drive and call it "Super Duper Awesome Program, CLICK ME!!!!!" and that would be considered a Trojan. With even the slightest bit of common sense, one can easily avoid Trojans.

eddiddiums i dont have a PC anymore i have a Mac. But when i plug in my ipod, all it does is connects, ATTEMPTS to Sync, and ejects, leaving my ipod with none of the updated music on it.

Now the format for my Ipod IS Windows PC. But still does NOT explain why my computer says my Ipod is corrupted.

It's not uncommon for the filesystem on an iPod to become corrupted, particularly if the iPod has been disconnected during a sync operation. If you have your iTunes library ported over to the Mac, it should just be a matter of formatting the iPod for Mac and allowing it to sync.

Although i have heard of a small "stink" (if you will) between Apple and windows Vista. Again still does not explain why my ipod is corrupted.

PS eddiddiums i like your user picture XD

Perhaps in earlier versions of iTunes, but the most current versions work well with Vista.

OP
der_kitty
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hm thats more info than i got in research... thanks guys, but i just ended up getting a new ipod.. I mean i DID have other problems with it so XP THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.