• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How much should i sell this laptop for?

Reaction score
Since I just got a new MBP, i'm looking to sell my old laptop. I think i'll try craigslist first, and then maybe ebay. Suggestions on that would be nice too. But I'm wondering what price-range I should put.

Specs: Aluminum 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4 15'' running 10.4.11
1GB DDR SDRAM, and a 120 GB harddrive

Apps: iLife (2006 i think? yikes thats old) and iWork 2008 (I have a bunch of other's but there all free)

Will also give a wired mighty mouse and of course the charger with it.

The Bad: VERY small dent to the right of the trackpad, ALSO on the bottom, the battery compartment sort of comes out a little bit it feels almost loose, but again, not anything merriting a problem. Maybe i just need to tighten it but it hasn't bothered me enough to figure it out. Finally, bottom of the express card slot is just the least bit dented. (if pictures would help i can post them)

I might consider buyin the leopard/ilife/iwork 09 deal to make it worth more, if it is cost effective.

Overall its in good condition and is the computer that converted me to macs
Thanks in advance for the help. I"m just looking for a price range. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I would say in the $275 - $300 range.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PMG5 2.0 DP/9800XT, PBG4 1.5 12"
I would say $450+. Anything in the $200's is far too low for a 1.67GHz PowerBook in good condition.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
This is what they say it's worth. $200 sounded too low for that machine to me also.

Picture 2.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.