After the Panzy Thing...

F

f0bik

Ok.. I got my baby...my g4 now I want to transfer some songs over to my mac; how do I configure this? I have my pc; a cross over cable and two nics installed. Does AppleTalk need to be installed? Or do you just share it out with the UAM so that the Mac can pick up on that volume and thus get the shared information over? Do I need to add this to my domain? Sorry for all the questions :D

-Todd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2 1.25Gig RAM Emac 1.42Ghz 1GB RAM
Lots of options. If you have windows shares, you can point the mac to your windows share. Open finder, click Go and select network. If your PC doesn't show up, click Go again and select 'connect to server' (last option on the list). Type in your PCs IP address and log in.

If this fails for some reason, you can always FTP the files to your mac.

-Lonerider

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
I've found that in home networks the Mac plays nicer than the PC does, with windows sharing checked you can just use \\mymac\myusername from explorer on the PC (this has been with the mac and the pc plugged into a router) and hen copy everything over from the PC to the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.