issues installing ubuntu on macbook

Reaction score
To make a long story short, when trying to install Ubuntu on my macbook, I received a "not responding" error.

Here's the full version:

Trying to Dual boot ubuntu on my Macbook with OS X Version 10.5.7. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. I partitioned the 111gb hard drive into 50gb and 49gb partitions, with the intention to use the latter for ubuntu. I then downloaded the latest version of the OS and burned it to a CD. I restarted my computer, and tried to load ubuntu off the disk. I got the language selection and selected English. I then selected "try ubuntu without effecting your computer", thinking I would be able to switch the formating from the boot camp standard fat32 to ext3 from there. Then I a blank screen, and the words "[0000] bios year==0 assuming ACPI-capable machine" or something like that. A few seconds later, I got a message saying "5.5345 not responding". then the screen went totally blank and I had to do a force shutdown. I tried again, this time selecting "install ubuntu" instead, and the same thing happened. I tried using a Virtual Machine on Mac OS X, and it worked fine, but I'd rather Dual Boot than use a VM.

Any Advice?

Reaction score
it seems that your installer does not go into a graphical mode on you computer, what kind of MacBook do you use ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.