mac. pdf file attachments are fine on both; the .xls is not
working out on the ibook.

any suggestions?

many thanks...
e-RICHIE

OP
K

Kokopelli

Adobe (I assume you mean Acrobat but it really does not matter) does not open Excel spreadsheets. This is true on all platforms.

You can purchase and install Microsoft Office 2004 or download and install NeoOffice. NeoOffice is much cheaper but does not handle complex spreadsheets perfectly. There are probably other options but those are the two that come to mind.

OP
E

e-RICHIE

Kokopelli said:
Adobe (I assume you mean Acrobat but it really does not matter) does not open Excel spreadsheets. This is true on all platforms.

You can purchase and install Microsoft Office 2004 or download and install NeoOffice. NeoOffice is much cheaper but does not handle complex spreadsheets perfectly. There are probably other options but those are the two that come to mind.

i suppose it's ms office 04 that's enabling me to open it
on my dell, eh? any way for a non-tech (me) guy to know?

OP
K

Kokopelli

Yes open an xls file and see what program it was opened in. The help dropdown from the program should tell you what the program is if you are not sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.