Will Rebooting my unlocked iphone lock it?

Reaction score
I recently purchased an unlocked iphone from ebay. LOVE my iphone!! I was using cydia and downloaded this mms app and after it loaded it said I would have to reboot my iphone. If I reboot my iphone will it lock my iphone again? Also is there a way to remove cydia?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
No it will not lock the phone. The only way to remove cydia is to restore the phone, which will also remove every jailbroken app you have.

Reaction score
so i am confused... unlocking enables any to use it with any carrier.. while jailbreaking it allows pirated software.. if you hit restore in itunes will it make it clean, like from the factory or will it still be unlocked but not jailbroken?

Reaction score
comfused...

"nop dude it wont unlock your iphone unless and until u update with itunes"

so i can restore my phone and it wil STILL be unlocked as long as i am still running the same itunes software i was using when i was using the phone? but will not be jailbroken?

Reaction score
i need help with my iphone 3gs

No it will not lock the phone. The only way to remove cydia is to restore the phone, which will also remove every jailbroken app you have.

hey can you show me how im having a similar problem,

i took my iphone 3gs to a store so that they they jail break the iphone ( they used cydia), anywayz when i got it back i downloaded a theme (battery) and suddenly my iphone got locked and im not able to open it. I tried everything but nothing is working it keeps showing my the apple logo and then it switches off and when i plug it in the computer the device is not showing in itunes.

plz plz plz try to help me

thank you,

Reaction score
You will need to put your iPhone into restore mode.

Hold home button down then plug your iPhone. Wait till you see the iTunes logo.

you should be able to jailbreak it yourself, and unlock it yourself.

Use redsn0w 0.8 and ultrasn0w 0.9

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.