Ibook G3-G4

Reaction score
Hello friends,
I would like to buy a mac just to see what the mac looks like because i have never used one.I have heard very good things for the mac operating system and also for the products they produce.I want to buy either a Ibook g3 or an ibook g4.Which is better just for the basic stuf (word proccesing,checking mails,listening to music)?I don't want to spend a lot of money buying a g4 and dont like mac at all.Will the g3 worth the money.Of course am not talking for the ibook clamshell but for the white ibook.

Reaction score
I would like to buy a mac just to see what the mac looks like because i have never used one.I have heard very good things for the mac operating system and also for the products they produce.I want to buy either a Ibook g3 or an ibook g4.Which is better just for the basic stuf (word proccesing,checking mails,listening to music)?I don't want to spend a lot of money buying a g4 and dont like mac at all.Will the g3 worth the money.Of course am not talking for the ibook clamshell but for the white ibook.
The older iBooks were notorious for having video chip issues, so you should get an iBook G4 that is faster than 1GHz. I would also recommend installing Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger" which will perform well and can still run a good portion of the more recent software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.