MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hello...
since I'm from Europe and am going on a trip to Vancouver, Canada, I have a few questions regarding Apple MacBooks because I'm planing to buy one while I'm there...

I've been to the Apple Canada website and found that for $2299 CAD I can buy a MacBook Pro 15" with a 2.66 GHz core 2 duo CPU, 4 GB RAM, and dual graphics from nVidia (256 GDDR3)...

However, I was on another site where you can buy a Mac (not from Apple directly, but a retail seller) and it's the same 2.66 GHz core 2 duo, with 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD and also dual graphics (nVidia 9600M GT - 256 MB GDDR3) and it's $1689
and I was viewing the same model - MB9855LL/A

so my question is that does Apple put a higher price on the Macs, and do the other retail sellers keep the price a few hundred $ under the official Apple price, OR, is it just a difference between CAD and USD currency... but I don't think so because it's still a fairly big difference when I calculate...

here are the links so you can see what I'm talking about!!

mwave.com: Apple MB985LL/A MacBook Pro intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz / 4gb ram / 320gb hdd / 15.4" LED display / nvidia geforce 9400m + 9600m GT / dvd superdrive / mac os x 10.5 leopard (retail)
MacBook Pro - Technical specifications of the 15-inch. Apple Canada

can anyone see the difference?? am I missing something here??

thanks!!

bye

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
... I'm reading $1949.99 USD for the mwave.com page...

And anyways it won't matter since mwave.com doesn't do international shipping,
they only ship within the US.

BTW, if your wondering, according to the converter widget:
$1949.99 USD is currently equal to $2267.741 CAD.
Picture1-5.png

If your going to be in Canada, and your checking sites to buy a MBP from, you really ought to check if they will actually ship to Canada.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
yeah there is a difference in currency value. im in canada, so usd r worth more. thats why i always order from the US ;)

OP
B
Reaction score
Yeah, well it's only after I posted the thread that I discovered that I made an error in the calculations so I guess it's gonna be around 2300 CAD unless i get a used MBP which is quite unpredictable as far as knowing what the MBP has gone through... but I still have a month or so to decide...
but still i'm gonna ask mwave if the ship outside the US... but if it's practically the same price, it's a lot less hassle to just go and buy it in Vancouver...
anyway... THANKS! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.