Need suggestions..

Reaction score
hello,
I am planning to buy a macbook pro, but after reading through many reviews, i have found that there are some problems regarding the battery life...the glossy screen creates problem viewing under sunlight... overheating and also the trackpad clicks are sometimes not recognized...
i have also seen a new FW released for the trackpad problem...but does it solve the problem successfully or there are problems after that also?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" June 09
In my opinion there isn't a problem with battery life other than you probably won't get the stated 7 hours that Apple claims. My MBP 15" gets between 5-6 hours based on the way I use it. I have not had any overheating issues or trackpad issues. As for the screen I don't typically bring my MBP outside and in direct sunlight so I don't see this as an issue. I love the glossy screen but that's personal preference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" June 09
No problem. Good luck with your purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HDD Mac OS X-10.5.8, Apple iPod nano 8GB Black
Harsh,

I would suggest you to review your purchase of MBP, on the basis of you usage. Since it is excellent for graphical and media applications, you may not be satisfied with its performance, particularly if you move from Linux.

Without any doubt, if you move from windows platform, you would be surprised by it.

Again, you may wait until september, so that, you may receive you MBP with Snow Leopard in it.

Over all MBP is good. Since, I moved from Linux, I got frustrated with its performance initially, now I am making it work in my way. hacking it to its core.....

As harry said, glossy is not a problem, as it is discussed in the reviews, if not, at least with me. I do work in sunlight, but hardly felt discomfort.

As to the battery I have Late2008 model (5.1) and my battery lasts about 3 hours in power saving mode and 2 hours in better graphics mode. It is upto you to choose, which one would serve you better. But again, you cannot expect the same battery life, as Apple claims...

TrackPad: I have not experienced so far, any issue with it.

I wish you good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.