Upgrading My iMac's RAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
Hey everybody, I'm a new switcher, and I want to add a gig of RAM to the 256 I have right now. What brand should I buy, and what do people mean when they talk about "matching"? What brand of memory is in the iMacs when you buy it from Apple? Please help! I am looking at a Crucial gig of RAM at about 190, but would it be OK to buy a cheaper gig of Samsung RAM?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I always recommend ordering from OWC or MacSolutions. Both sites offer very good pricing, the memory is tested and 100% guaranteed to work with your system, and it includes a lifetime warranty. I've had excellent experiences with both.

Mac's can at times be a bit "selective" about RAM, so I prefer to be certain that the memory I order will work perfectly, and since the pricing that these sites offer is also extremely good, it works out very well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.