Google page ranking

Reaction score
So basically there is a news article about me so when I google my name it comes up first. This sucks as it happened when I was young and I want it to be at least second page. Please can anyone tell me how to do this please? I can write basic HTML to make web pages and I know some free web hosting companies. Cheers

OP
G
Reaction score
I have made a web site with my name in the title and as the heading and registered it with google. If I put links to it in loads of forums will this give it a higher PR ranking? Please help

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The more links to your page the higher up it will be on the hit list.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I have made a web site with my name in the title and as the heading and registered it with google. If I put links to it in loads of forums will this give it a higher PR ranking? Please help

No, but it will get you banned.

Pagerank is not only determined by the number of links, but also the type and quality of the pages the links are coming from.

OP
G
Reaction score
well anyone any ideas then? if i make numerous websites and then put links in them all to 1 of them. will that work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
well anyone any ideas then? if i make numerous websites and then put links in them all to 1 of them. will that work?
If the websites are popular, yes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

IT will not work here, but if it is a public forum that allows links, then it will help

Saying that websites are better

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Sorry but it will probably be difficult for you to remove that article from the google index. No one except Google really knows how their ranking algorithms work. However link popularity is one of them. As people have mentioned to you here...

You cant just put a site up and expect it to get to the top, you need content, incoming links, and time. A lot of time ...

Not to be harsh but you might just have to live with what you have done. If you try to hide it might do more damage than good ?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Just an observation but assuming someone actually does Google your name, why does it matter if your page comes up first? Is there something in the article that is really embarrassing? If there is, is there anything to link the name in that article to you specifically (and not potentially someone else with your name for instance)? Let's say your name was Joe X. If your name shows up in the first article, is there anything there such as an address or a picture that links the Joe X mentioned in the article to you? For all anyone knows, that could be a Joe X from halfway around the world.

What could possibly be on that page that is so important so as to warrant these grandiose efforts? All I'm trying to get at is that any efforts to mitigate any consequences that may arise from this article probably aren't worth it if there is nothing to link you specifically to the article.

Out of curiosity, what's the page?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.