A day of problems :(

Reaction score
Hi there all, must be my worst week :(

My mum had a windows XP laptop and i was fixing it daily more or less, me being a windows and mac user, i persuaded her to getting a mac, she did not want to spend allot of money on a new Mac, so i got her an Ibook G3 nice speck.

1st problem was the Airport it would connect to the router but not the internet.

So i thought a nice clean copy of tiger, i went and bought a USB DVD drive, to only find out PPC macs can't boat from USB2.0

So now i though well she only uses, Office and The web, so Panther 10.3 would be great.

Stuck the disk in, restart the pc, the Spinning grey wheel has been sitting here for 1 our now ;(

Just my look, any help guys?

I have osx 10 and 10.2 on disk?

If thay helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook core 2 duo, 2 GHz, 2GB, 320GB HDD
am new at mac but i would google it instead of waiting for an answer..

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
eMac 1.42 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, OS X 10.4
What OS is it running currently?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Why did you buy an external DVD drive, or was the iBook an early model with a CD-RW drive and no combo? Most Tiger installers were on DVD, but there was a version on 4 CD's. Are you trying to do an erase and install, archive and install or upgrade? If an upgrade or archive and install, how much free disk space do you have? Are you using the installer supplied with the iBook, from another iBook or is it a retail version? Answering these questions will help figure what's going wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.