MBP 13 - Keyboard Not Lighting Up

Reaction score
As the title says gents, apart from that it has been running really smooth since I put the 4gb RAM in.

So wondered if anyone can give me some help?

Is it something I have done that can be rectified or will I have to go back to the shop again?

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have u checked in Sys Prefs/Keyboard & Mouse - there is checkbox for keyboard illumination.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13in MBP
what happens when you press the toggle brightness buttons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Mine don't come on either when I'm at the office under bright flourecents and the brightness level is disabled. Try putting your hand over the ambient light sensor (i.e. cover the area around the camera.) It should dim the screen and the keyboard backlights come on. I can reliable get it to turn it on by just covering it with the heel of my hand.

OP
R
Reaction score
what happens when you press the toggle brightness buttons?

sorry but what do you exactly mean by toggle? If you mean pressing the f buttons then yes I have tried that. Also what are the symbols that look like a rising sun for?

Will try that heel of the hand trick when I get home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4g, 4gb Ram | iPod Touch 8GB
the buttons that look like the rising sun actually adjust the illuminated keyboard brightness

OP
R
Reaction score
Update................

Was in Sheffield this weekend for a Wrestling event (Yes I wear tights at the weekend GRRRRR!)

So went and took it into the Apple Store, the guy took it out the back had a look and said it was a connection in the screen that looked faulty.

He asked where I got it from, so I told him PC World in Teesside. Over here in the UK PC World is owned by the same group as Currys so I went on the Apple guys recommendation and took it to the shop in the same mall.

Went to the shop, explained again (now bear in mind I only had the charger with me, not the box and the receipt and such) the young lady Kerry pulled up my reciept on the computer system and asked if I would like to do a swap right there and then, so they did. Full marks to Currys/PC World.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Good news, but keep in mind that the "rising sun" buttons control the keyboard brightness.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.