"Battery not charging"

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've had my 13" MacBook Pro for about 3 weeks now, and I just noticed today that my battery is kind of "stuck" at 95% charge. I have it plugged in and the light on the MagSafe is green, and the battery indicator shows that it is plugged it. However, the percentage beside it shows 95% and when I click on it, the dropdown menu says:

Battery is not charging.
Power Source: Power Adapter.

Is there something wrong with my MacBook? Or is there some setting that is causing this?

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it won't charge if it's under a certain percentage. in addition battery percentage at max charge will diminish over time. Try running it on battery until it dies, let it sit overnight then recharge it fully.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
A 3 week old MBP should not be having charging issues at all. Mine goes all the way to 100% like it should. Definitely keep an eye in it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) It's sitting at 100% now, but I'll still keep an eye on it. I have been draining it once in a while too, I've read that before.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
The battery charge light indicator can actually get green even if the computer say it has 95% charge. It has happened to me. I think it is normal behaviour even if you have a new Mac. When it goes below 95% it will begin charging to 100% again.

This is normal behaviour, nothing to be afraid of. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.