several programs will no longer open

Reaction score
i have just recieved an old(i think its a mid 2004) mac ibook g4 for a graduation gift
after 3 weeks i have ran into a problem
several programs will no longer open
programs affected
google skechup
itunes
yasu
the icons will bounce in the dock then disappear
i have tried clearing out my cache with tigercache cleaner and reinstalling these programs
can anyone help me

also i am now having trouble installing the new flash update the installer just exits when i try to run it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Do you have the install discs? I would start by running disk utility and repairing permissions. You could verify the disk at the same time, just to see what it shows up.

OP
B
Reaction score
Do you have the install discs? I would start by running disk utility and repairing permissions. You could verify the disk at the same time, just to see what it shows up.

the things did not come with install disks also i have tried repairing disc permissions
if you mean the mac osx install disc no i bought this mac second-hand
if you have anymore ideas it would seriously help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
OP
B
Reaction score
is there anyway i can get a copy of the reinstall disc because i have tried everything you said and it hasn't worked
and how much is a new copy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You could get a generic version of Panther or Jaguar on eBay for little cash, probably £10-20, which would be ideal for your machine, or you may find the specific discs for sale if your lucky. Tiger would be a step too far I feel.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
is there any way to revert my os to the way it was a couple weeks ago

Not unless you happened to be using Time Machine and the last back up was then. Sorry!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.