Anyone have unzipped drivers for XP bootcamp install?

Reaction score
Hi. I am trying to install the drivers for my Windows XP partition on Bootcamp. I do not have my original OSX disc as I bought my Macbook second hand, though I have contacted the seller to ask where it is.

Anyway, I read on another forum that the drivers were available to download from the Apple website and that you didn't need the DVD - see here

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/927490.html

But I can't get the file to open in XP, I double click it - nothing happens. I right click it and select Run as.... and depending whether or not the protection box is ticked it either does nothing or opens up the installer with the message that files cannot be found.

So I need the drivers in unzipped format to burn onto a CD. Then that way I can get XP to read from the CD when it detects new hardware, or if that fails just set it up from the device manager.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only drivers available for Boot Camp that you can download from the Apple site is the Boot Camp 2.1 update. The file is a Windows executable and must be run from within Windows.

The original Boot Camp drivers 2.0 which are on the Leopard disk are not available from Apple as a separate download. They are available however, from certain sites that I personally would not trust.

Your best bet is to spring for a retail copy of Leopard. You're going to need to have a set of original install disks anyway. And, it would appear the seller has kept the originals for himself. He should have included them with the sale since they're model specific and can not be used on another Mac unless it's the same exact model.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.