iPhone 4.0 perhaps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
What a con.

Tonight I bought 2 Apps, both of which were marked as being compatible with both iPhone and iTouch.

However, when I installed them on my iTouch, they both reported they needed a later version of the OS. I hadn't intended to risk the new OS 3.0 for a while, but I decided to go for it.

I bought the update and waited for it to install. Then I tried to install these 2 Apps. Both of them again said they needed a later version of the OS.

What is the point of selling Applications which will not run on even the latest OS? What a Rip Off :Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Maybe you need to contact the developer and let them know. What applications are they?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I found out what was wrong.

I had not updated iTunes to the latest version. This seems to have prevented the update to 3.0 on my iTouch. However, it offered me the update, charged me for it and downloaded it. As far as I recall, it did not say anything about it having failed to install.

After I updated to the latest iTunes, it then said there was a later version of the software when I attached the iTouch, but did not offer it via the Store and I don't think it charged me again. However, it did download it again.

Then the two Apps worked.

Unfortunately, they were both rubbish :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.