OriginLab Equivalent

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 13" MacBookPro 2.26 GHz, 5 Gb, 500 GB, OS X 10.6.5
Is there any equivalent software for OriginLab in mac? OriginLab is used for graphing the data, and manipulating and is not available for mac. Matlab does not allow good control over changing the look of graph for Journal publications and its expensive whereas OriginLab for students is only $50.

If somebody can suggest any such application I will appreciate that.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Take a look at GraphPad Prism. Another possibility is ChartSmith.

[edit] Sorry, we were getting GraphPad Prism at no cost. Didn't realize it was so expensive. Chartsmith is pretty good for US$65 (student).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Also look at DeltaGraph and KaleidaGraph. Both are under $200 academic, but check with your school.

OP
sachadon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey Guys .... thanks a lot. I will look into this. Although DeltaGraph and KaleidaGraph looks impressive but they appear to be costly $199 and $150. OmniGraphSketcher is cheaper and looks to be "cool" but I am doubtful about its capabilities. I guess I need to try all the trial versions and decide myself.

Once a gain thanks a lot.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You might want to think about using OriginLab from a virtual machine running Windows XP or Vista. VirtualBox from Sun systems is free and although not as frilly or fancy as Fusion or Parallels, should suffice for your use.

VirtualBox Downloads.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You might want to think about using OriginLab from a virtual machine running Windows XP or Vista. VirtualBox from Sun systems is free and although not as frilly or fancy as Fusion or Parallels, should suffice for your use.

VirtualBox Downloads.

Regards.

VirtualBox is free, but you still have to buy Windows.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
VirtualBox is free, but you still have to buy Windows.

Good point, but from his original post, I'm assuming he already has a copy of Windows. However, unless it's an original MS boxed full copy he couldn't transfer it and would have to buy a new license.

Regards.

OP
sachadon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just wanted to give an update on the thread which I started, just in case if anyone is looking for this in future. I found one great software for scientific ploting here. So far it looks great ... and its FREE !!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.