Unable to access Windows Boot Camp partition after erasing it

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the forums and was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem... So just bought my Imac last summer and I installed Windows XP using boot camp earlier this year and just two days ago I got a virus. It turns out that the Anti Virus software I have only detects threats and does not eliminate them. So I decided to go back to my Mac OS and try to erase and wipe my windows disk to eliminate the virus for good and I tried to reformat the windows and transfer all my memory back on to my Mac disk so that I would only have the Mac disk back on. When I got back on Boot Camp assistant to figure out how to reformat, it would not let me access Boot Camp because I had not reformatted the Mac disk to be a single partition. I have already erased my Windows disk and it does not show up when I start up and press the option key but it is still a disk on my Mac. I know this is long and I was just wondering if anyone could help me Thanks!

P.S. The two disks that are currently on my system are disk0s3(Windows) and Macintosh HD

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Late reply....

Open the Boot Camp assistant from OS X, select "create partition", select "restore". If that works, it should get everything back (all your hard drive space) to OS X. Now open System Preferences, select "Startup Disk" and then select your MacIntosh HD as the default.

If all that doesn't work, post back and we'll go from there. We'll have to use Disk Utility.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.