• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problem rendering video in Final Cut Pro

Reaction score
The video i usually capture is in MOV format, so I adjust Final cut pro's settings so it matches the the contents of the file, so i don't have to render on import. I don't have to render on import but when i have to render, it doesn't render. I get the red bar so I go to sequence>render all>video, and I see the render progress window appear for not even a second.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks.
Shaun

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Have you considered trying render both from the dropdown? It may not be the video that's the problem but rather the audio... Or just do Command-R and see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hmm, that is weird. Is video checked in the dropdown for the rendering? I remember something similar happening once a few weeks ago, at the time I had exited the software and when I came back in it worked fine, and it's not happened again...

OP
S
Reaction score
well everything under 'render selection' and 'render all' is selected but that still won't make it render. I might also mention I don't have many options in my RT menu as you can see in this picture. this only happens when i change the settings to match any video format other than DV
picture1mzr.jpg

The problem is in my settings I know it, i just don't know what's wrong or if the easy setup settings would be a problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.