Apple Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse probs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" 2.66ghz 4GB ram 640GB HD, Powermac G4, Powerbook G3.
Hi, I have bought the new alu wireless keyboard & new wireless mighty mouse & am using it with a Powermac G4 (gigabit ethernet) running Tiger 10.4.11, I am using a bluetooth dongle as it has no built in bluetooth, If i discover the keyboard lovely, If i discover the mouse lovely but i cant have them both connected at the same time as they seem to be canceling each other out?, Keep getting 'connection lost' with either one connected it works fine?, Had to plug in my old original keyboard etc very frustrated!, Any ideas would be great, Gonna buy a Mac mini when funds allow but it would be great to use them now!.

Cheers:)

Geoff

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Keep the k&m for use with the Mac Mini. From experience dongles are only so good and they NEVER seem to be able to boot from disc etc etc. The last dongle I purchased was USB2 and your model G4 has USB1 by default.

USB2 PCI cards are not real reliable either!

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, Will get mac mini asap!, Poor old G4 is being pushed too far!.

Cheers

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi, Just to let people know, I purchased a D-Link DBT 120 Bluetooth usb & everything is perfect all working great!:D

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.