installing parallels

Reaction score
I have installed Parallels but when I click the application to continue initial set up I get an error message stating, "the application Parallels Desktop quit unexpectedly..." with the options of report and relaunch/reset. Even after relaunching and resetting it still will not open. Help! What do I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

First up, Parallels will install on an Intel machine only and all emulations programs are slow and extremely disappointing.

Reaction score
Hi mc58970, I'm Sean with Parallels,

I could use a little more information about your setup. Are you using Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac? The latest version is available here, which I recommend you get. Also what does your Mac setup look like? Harry is correct in that Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac does require an Intel based processor.

Please shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] with a link to this thread (so I recognize you) and as much info as you can provide about your situation. I'll be happy to help you out. Talk to you then!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.