Question about 600mhz ibook battery

N

neosen

So I recently got this ibook used, right now as plugged in the battery is showing a 100% charge and four lights, if I unplug it the battery will show 100,99,98,97,96, then 0 and goes to sleep. I am assuming this means the battery is bad? Does anyone have any information about replacing cells in the battery or extended life cells/batterys?

thanks

ry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
neosen said:
So I recently got this ibook used, right now as plugged in the battery is showing a 100% charge and four lights, if I unplug it the battery will show 100,99,98,97,96, then 0 and goes to sleep. I am assuming this means the battery is bad? Does anyone have any information about replacing cells in the battery or extended life cells/batterys?

thanks

ry

Yeah, my ibook has pretty crappy battery life too.

I also have the 600 mhz ibook g3.

OP
N

neosen

iphix said:
Yeah, my ibook has pretty crappy battery life too.

I also have the 600 mhz ibook g3.
well if i leave the screen on it does that in prob 2-3 min, but if the screen is off, it stayed on playing itunes over airport for about an hour (until i turned the screen on and after a few seconds it went to sleep )

are you talking crappy as in min or hours?

OP
T

thedon

sounds like the battery won't hold a charge anymore... u most likely will have to buy a new one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.