TI firewire chipset in 13" MBP

Reaction score
Hello, I am considering a new 13" macbook pro for mobile recording. I use a MOTU firewire interface and would like to confirm whether or not the new 13" macbook pros are using a TI firewire chipset.

Thanks,
Kerry

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I have the NVidia chipset 13". Did you find any answers as to the exact hardware ID?

I also need to get the proper diver for Bootcamp and the XP OS as Firewire isn't working there.

Good machine otherwise.

OP
K
Reaction score
No, I have not received a definite answer as to the firewire chipset that is being used. Isn't there a way to check the firewire chipset in system info or something? I am unfamiliar with OSX but it seems as if it is possible somehow.

What DAW are you running? I have been using Cubase 5 Studio on my PC setup and it has been wonderful, however I have read that to this point, many have had latency issues with Cubase 5 on OSX. If this is the case, I may simply run Cubase in Windows through Boot Camp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.