Missing Photos iPhone 3G with 3.0

Reaction score
Hey - I just joined in an attempt to get some help before calling Apple.
I upgraded to 3.0 as most of you probably did on 17 June. I have taken, used, and even transfered to my Mac, pictures from my iPhone without issue since the upgrade.

Sunday night, I used Image Capture to remove all existing photos off and it worked seamlessly as usual. Monday morning, I was snapping pictures again, but now when I go into my Camera roll it shows the last thumbnail of the image I took, and a proper count of the photos, but when I go into the actual roll, its says "No Photos." I have two other photo folders synced with my Mac, which I can view fine on my phone.

My question is, anyone else run into this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it? I also tried to use other applications that access the camera roll, and they all act as if the folder is empty.

OP
pixie
Reaction score
I was not. I did call Apple Support, and he wanted to restore my iPhone, which of course.. I did not want to do. After talking to him a bit more about the problem he decided that I probably shouldn't restore it and instead take it to the Apple store. I have an appointment for Saturday afternoon.:Shouting:

Reaction score
I've got the exact same problem. I upgraded to 3.0 as soon as it came out, then left town. I just returned from vacation, where I took 500 pictures. My roll read 809 pics but, of course, only 752 were visible. This was the situation before I connected my iPhone to the computer. I was hoping the problem would resolve itself with a sync, but no dice. I'm going out today which means I might stop by my Apple store, so if I do I'll let you know. Please post your results too, after your appointment.

I just hope 3.1 gets out soon.

Best wishes.

OP
pixie
Reaction score
Yup, I def update after I go. I just hope they don't want to charge me or something. I was going to restore, but I don't want to lose all my contacts, ect. I have a backup, but I'm thinking if i reinstall 3.0 and than restore my backup.. it's kinda like moving 2 steps forward and 1 step back at that point. haha since it would be restoring the same broken software.

OP
pixie
Reaction score
Well, I totally forgot about my Apple Store appointment, because it was made 3 days in advance and I was super busy this weekend. grrr. I'm considering just restoring at this point and wrote down all of my contacts on.. paper. I was browsing the Apple Forums this morning, and found this : Apple - Support - Discussions - New pics don't show in camera roll ...

and it seems a LOT of people are having the same issue so we aren't alone.

OP
pixie
Reaction score
Just an update guys, I called Apple about this issue months ago and he wanted me to restore at first, and eventually before the call ended had me set up another appt at the apple store.

I ended up backing up my iphone, restoring it, and than putting the back up back on.. and has worked like a charm since.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.