to buy or not to buy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I have wanted an iphone for a long time. I just have a few problems with getting one. I have Verizon and am in contract with them for another year. Also, many of my friends have verizon. So after thinking for awhile about my options, I decided that the ipod touch is what would be best for me. I can use it as a PDA (replacing my out of date, brick sized Palm pilot), as well as obviously mp3 player, and for games, etc.

My only problem is deciding when to get it. I have been dying to get it, and most rumors are that a new one won't come out until late September, if at all. Right now they are giving away the ipod touch to students who buy computers so I know if a new model were to come out it wouldn't be until after that.

What do people think? Is there a good chance of a new generation coming out in September or is it worth me going out and buying the current generation?

It makes it harder because I have been looking into all the apps I want, etc.

And on a sidenote....is mobileme worth getting for the ipod touch??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
You never know on the release of a new one. That information is pretty tight lipped. I say go for it, and you will love it. I am on my second one and wouldn't have any other right now. My 80gb Classic is treated like a step child! LOL

If they do release a new one, just get it sold on launch day and go for the new one.

OP
getuptogetdown
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
Anyone else have recommendations?? That would be great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
There's a million brand new unopened touches on ebay and craigslist right now from the 'buy a Mac get a free touch' promotion. Offer a few people $150 for an unopened sealed unit and someone will bite. I just sold mine on craigslist on Monday for $175. I have a friend who sold his last week for $180. If you're leery about the seller, ask them to scan a copy of the sales receipt. They should be able to show you a copy of their sales receipt showing the purchase of both the Mac and the touch together.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.