New MBP 15.4 inch screen problems

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a new 15.4inch Macbook pro a couple of days ago. It was fine whilst I used it today at work, however I've got home, turned it on and the screen is flickering slightly and any background screen that should be white (like the apple store on Safari, finder e.t.c) is now a light blue with almost horizontal flickering lines. I've got the default background, Aurora, and the purples in certain patches of the screen are pixilated and slightly different colours.

Has anyone else had this issue or suggestions on how to fix it?

Really appreciate any ideas, not looking forward to letting the boss know tomorrow.

Cheers

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hi,

I bought a new 15.4inch Macbook pro a couple of days ago. It was fine whilst I used it today at work, however I've got home, turned it on and the screen is flickering slightly and any background screen that should be white (like the apple store on Safari, finder e.t.c) is now a light blue with almost horizontal flickering lines. I've got the default background, Aurora, and the purples in certain patches of the screen are pixilated and slightly different colours.

Has anyone else had this issue or suggestions on how to fix it?

Really appreciate any ideas, not looking forward to letting the boss know tomorrow.

Cheers

That doesn't sound like it's something that you can fix on your own. I would bring it back to the store and have them look at it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks, I was going to do that first thing tomorrow.

Was hoping for some reassurance that this is a problem someone had had before and that at least the apple folks would be able to do something and not just tell me that its my problem and say that I'd dropped it or something...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.4ghz Peryn 4 gig
If its covered by apple care they will fix it, I would be suprised if they give you any trouble, if they do ask for a manager I would be shocked if they gave you any trouble about what seems to be an obvious hardware problem that should be covered by warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.