installation from leopard 10.4.11

Reaction score
kay so im pretty much a newb to this site and general mac issues, so bare with me.
im having trouble upgrading My MBP from tiger 10.4.11 to leopard 10.5
never done this before apparantly..
i put the disk in, held down c like the disk says to, and it seemed to start the upgrade but it gave me a message saying the installation could not be performed... no reaosn why, no error number. i can get a screen shot of the message if it helps.

tried it several times... same issue. sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, im in a hurry and im in need of some help.

thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What 10.5 Leopard DVD are you using to upgrade? Also what Mac model are you trying to upgrade?

If the 10.5 Leopard is from another Mac it will not work as the DVD's that comes with a Mac are tied to that model with the same exact specs.

Let us know and we can better help.

OP
C
Reaction score
that must be what it is.

as i already knew that last point you made, i told my friend that i wanted to upgrade to leopard and he goes hey, use this.
i didnt think it would work but he goes, yeah thats what they said about vista too. i wouldnt know about vista though so yeah.

whatevs. all good. thanks alot doooods.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.