New power macs

K

Kiwi

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was thinking of buying one of the new power macs? If any one is, im soooo jealous :) I'll just have to live with my RevB iMac for another 2-3 years ...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I want a new powerbook, but it is not in the budget. :(

i will have to save my loose change. :)

OP
K

Kiwi

In a perfect world where I have lots of money I would get an iMac, a 15" powerbook and the fastest power mac available with the biggest LCD screen. However, when I buy a new one I will have to choose between the three and its a tough choice. Do I want one that is practical and cool looking? Or do I want one that I can take everywhere with me? Or do I want the fastest? It'll probably be either the iMac or the powerbook.

I'll have to save up twice as much loose change as anyone in the US to get one :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As you stated, I would get another powerbook. It should have firewire 2, usb 2, fast large disk drive, a lot of memory, a fat video card and a fast 64bit processor.

I know I would need more than, my milk money for this system. Then there would be the software.

OP
K

Kiwi

The thing that would make me the most happy would be not having to go through my HD and chuck out lots of stuff just so I can add a program. I only have 6 GB at the moment, which means no room for putting music on my machine.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I know what the mean and feel your pain. :)

OP
S

superfula

Reviving an old topic, but I have one of the new pmacs. The dual 1.25. It's running great so far. As far as noise, I've never heard the older mdd outside of compusa, so i can't compare. I used to have a dual 800, and compared to that, i'd say this is a little quieter, but mdd/800 has more of a whine, as opposed to the 800 which had a whoosh sound. B)

When I restart the computer, or powerup, the massive fan in there starts going nuts. As loud or louder than a hair dryer. Once osx comes up, the fan idles down to normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
The only noise I have problem with my iMac is every so often I hear a high pitched beep.

Reaction score
I was planning to get the Quad this christmas but might just wait just to see what Steve Jobs have to say at the Macworld Expo or just wait for the Intel PowerMac and even if it's coming out until 2007, I think in the long run, it will be better. All of the forums i've been to like Aqua-soft.org, Mann forums, macrumers and so on and thay all say that it will be best to wait until apple brings out powermac with intels, I also heard but don't know if it true or not but some say that apple will stop making binary software for PowerPc and will be just focusing on Intel and the future once the transition is over and that made me cancelled my order of my Quad and wait for the Intel. So what guys think, was it a wise decision to make.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Now this one might be a record... let's see...the last date of a post on this thread was 2-20-2003.......yup, it might just be a record. Dredging up an almost 3 year old thread!!!
Congrats!!!

:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
D3v1L80Y said:
Now this one might be a record... let's see...the last date of a post on this thread was 2-20-2003.......yup, it might just be a record. Dredging up an almost 3 year old thread!!!
Congrats!!!

HAHA! You win the prize skyline! :cool:

Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
Congrats!!!

oops. I thought this thread was recent, my bad

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.