Website 'boreders'

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not really sure what to call it so im going to provide an example.Anchorage Real Estate, Kenai Peninsula Real Estate, Mike McLane . I was wondering how I can create 'borders' on my webpage like the silver on that website. I don't just want to insert an image because I want it to keep expanding if someone expands their browser, or shrink as they shrink their browser. I'm not sure if im being clear enough, but just use the website as an example. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You'll need to learn a little CSS for something like that.
Just do a Google search for "CSS background tutorials" and you'll likely find what you need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Hey, I'm not really sure what to call it so im going to provide an example.Anchorage Real Estate, Kenai Peninsula Real Estate, Mike McLane . I was wondering how I can create 'borders' on my webpage like the silver on that website. I don't just want to insert an image because I want it to keep expanding if someone expands their browser, or shrink as they shrink their browser. I'm not sure if im being clear enough, but just use the website as an example. Thanks in advance!

Are you talking about the grey background? I don't see any silver borders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
It's most likely done with a repeating background image in conjunction with an auto-adjusting page width.

You make the page width a percentage of the window, so that it scales up and down as users resize their windows.

For the graphic, you create a thin background image, and using CSS, you can repeat the image in either the x (horizontal) or y (vertical) axes. In this case, you would repeat it in the x-direction.

With the auto-adjusting background and the repeating image, the graphic will automatically fill in the space.

'Hope that helps to get you started!

Sean

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.