Boot Camp Stuck?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Hello guys,

So I was trying to restore the partition together, decided to remove Linux and probably going to install Windows Vista later when I get one. The thing is, Boot Camp is stuck at the "partitioning disk" process, it has been like twenty minutes or something already. Here's a screen shot:

15887ky.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

What I've tried so far:

- Restarting Boot Camp (by Ctrl + Q) *failed*
- Restarting the Notebook *failed*
- Any other solutions around?

Thank you very much.

Tarek

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It is a very bad thing to interrupt a major change to the structure of a disk. Particularly if you haven't done a backup first. It's quite likely there is some damage to the structure. I would run Verify and Repair in Disk Utility before you go any further.

And then next time you make a change like this, let it sit for a few hours before you attempt to interrupt.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your reply; I'm afraid I screwed it:

2hs6cuc.png

It's just that it always took me around 5 - 15 (maximum) seconds to restore the Macintosh HD partition; I've done that around eight times ever since I got my MacBook Pro so I know exactly how long it takes or else there's something wrong. So.. I screwed it?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You may need to run Disk Utility by booting from the System Disc 1 and using it from the Tools menu during the setup process.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah alright, I'm going to try that now. Thanks again.

Quick question: Do I need to insert Mac OSX DVD 1, restart, and then press Command + D or just wait for it to automatically boot from the DVD?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, thanks a lot mate but sorry - I seriously don't feel like reading all of that. Just got back from university an hour ago, showered, and waiting for the food so I can eat and sleep; screw summer courses. Anyway, I'll just hold the Option key (I always did that to choose Mac OS X instead of Windows because Windows was the primary start up disk) and choose Mac OS X DVD. Thanks. I'll keep you up with the results.

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Utility Disk by booting from DVD didn't help me at all, gave me same stuff. So I decided to ERASE it and now I can see the partition on the Desktop (I couldn't, earlier) so I ran Boot Camp Assistant and repartitioning Macintosh HD; I hope it works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.