iTunes store password issue- 3GS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium (al-oo-min-e-um) 2.4ghz, 250gb, 2gb DDR3 MB
Every time i try and download an app or song on my 3GS and punch in my password (which is definitely the correct password) it just keeps saying that it is incorrect and prompts me to retry, until it eventually asks me to reset my password because it has been entered wrongly too many times.

It works when i punch in the password on my MB, but not on my iPhone... any ideas? Yet occasionally, it does work, but very occasionally...

Aaargh!

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Plus, is it just me or does the speaker go a LOT louder than the 3G?

Took some videos at a motor race this weekend and it goes effing loud!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz Core 2 Duo Macbook; 80gig HDD; 1gb Ram; iLife '08; Mac:Office; Firefox!
I'm on an original 2g iphone and im getting this issue as well after updating to 3.0....works fine on my pc and will only work on iphone 1x after I sync from my PC....after that I continuously get that my password is incorrect when trying to purchase or update apps.....I'm sooo frustrated.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Isnt it...

My password is definitely correct cos i've reset it that many times. Not sure what to do really, cos one of teh best functions of teh iPhone is being able to dwnload apps and songs whilst out and about

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried calling the apple support last Thursday and they wanted me to back up and restore my phone from scratch.....I just said uh huh ok Ill do that...NOT ... I highly doubt restoring the phone will fix this issue.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I tried calling the apple support last Thursday and they wanted me to back up and restore my phone from scratch.....I just said uh huh ok Ill do that...NOT ... I highly doubt restoring the phone will fix this issue.

It is likely that is the only way to fix a great many problems with the iPhone OS. There is not really a way to go in and delete a plist file like there is with OS X. It is also not that big a hassle if you start it when you go to bed or other time when not using it.

Reaction score
Have you tried to restore the phone without back up? Then sync your phone right after?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have not done a restore without back up.

Reaction score
Try doing that, and it may remedy your problem. The backup file might have an error.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well after over an hour of backing up, restoring, and syncing my password still only works once after I unplug after sync and then says my password is incorrect after subsequent downloads.:Grimmace:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.