newbie needs iweb help

Reaction score
I have just spent days creating a website for the father in law, had a blast and launched it in mobile me. Sent announcements with urls and accessed from email fine. Now trying to access from safari and no can do. The site looks to be unaccessible from safari, firefox, explorer or any other way. Any ideas? Do I need to go the go daddy route to make it all-around accessible?
Thanks for any help. It is a small business site if that matters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Can't help you there. I don't recommend iWeb at all. It creates HUGE websites with tons of unneeded code. At least use RapidWeaver. It's a little better, but if you really want a good website, the best a to do it is with HTML code.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Are you getting error messages? Blank pages? What is the URL?

OP
T
Reaction score
Are you getting error messages? Blank pages? What is the URL?

that's the thing. I get nothing. I try typing in the website name and get nothing. Comes up as non-existent web site. URL should be dearbornstreetjewelryandrepair. Type it in and you get yellowpages or other jewelry store hits.

I just got the site to load on firefox. The url to get it to load is huge. You cannot do a search on any browser for it to come up. Just paid the 100 bucks for mobile me and looks like I am going to have to pay another 100 to launch from go daddy or fat cow to get this thing on the web with easy access. 100 bucks gone for nothing.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If I go to dearbornstreetjewelryandrepair.me.com, I get a 404. Is that the URL?

Reaction score
look i dont suggest mobile me not worth it instead sign up for a free host ie
l4rge.com i have my website there and i upload through ftp from iweb no need of cyberduck so sign up free at l4rge.com it works want an example visit my website (still under construction) stuff.l4rge.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.