MBP Sound Issue

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and has any advice on what to do...I have a C2D 2.16 Ghz 15" MBP and I cant seem to get any sound out of it unless i only plug in headphones. The built speakers wont work either and if I plug in my external speakers they wont work either.......ONLY HEADPHONES work. Also, I noticed that there is a red light that is shining out of the headphone port...just all of a sudden appeared.

This seems to me to be a very random problem which doesnt make much sense....but I figured that I either inadvertently changed some setting or that there is an issue with my hardware.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

OP
O
Reaction score
Oops i just searched it...and figured it out....should have done that first :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4g, 4gb Ram | iPod Touch 8GB
congrats on figuring it out! now, care to share for the next person?:)

OP
O
Reaction score
so it was the notorious "red light" issue man macbooks have had. If you search that you will find tons of posts on it....good thing i have an extended warranty on mine because apparently the "official" fix for it is to change the logic board or something..:S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.