Better Battery Life

Reaction score
I am currently using a black macbook thats about a year old and I'm about to buy an airport express so I can have a completely wireless desk. does anyone know if this will have an effect on my battery life or will i still get just as much usage time as i had before? thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Using wireless, much like turning on other services, will deplete your battery quicker. That said, you should still get good battery life out of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
You are more likely to loose battery capacity by NOT doing this

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I sometimes use my MB on my desk with the setup that you are about to embark on. It shouldn't mater if you are plug-in which most of the time I am because I'm at home.

If I get lazy and move around the house then I'm not plug-in but I do get at least 3-4 hours of battery life, just doing light stuff like web browsing, word processing.

Reaction score
Hi all, similar question to op i found on the search, so thought i'd ask.

I have a 17" macbook pro - sept 2007.

What should the battery life be? as i am getting around 2 hours, this is when i leave it on over night and i am downloading HD Trailers using utorrent. I know it's around 2 hours a sit give a snap shot of the time it run out of juice.

Should i look to be getting a new battery?

Many thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.