Handbrake? iTunes movies questions

Reaction score
Why would some of the movies in iTunes show up gray when I am choosing which ones to load on my iPhone? They have the same format as others that are black in the list and will load.

Also, just converted a DVD with Handbrake using iPhone presets and when moved into iTunes it also shows up gray and we are unable to load it onto the iPhone.

I must have something set wrong. Anyone know what it might be?

Reaction score
It sounds like you may have not chosen the correct settings in Handbreak. I would go back and reque the movies, making sure to choose iphone each time. Usually you can add it to Itunes but, it won't allow you to add it to your phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
Definitely check your settings, as pixie said. Handbrake is designed to be really simple, so if you choose that setting, it should work fine. I've used it numerous times for this same exact purpose without any problems. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
You can try the "Universal" setting as well. It works on my iPhone, iPod and Apple TV just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.