Belkin Wireless N+ ADSL Modem Router & XBOX Live

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hi guys, I don't know if anyone can help me here but here goes...

Saturday I purchased the Belkin N+ router mentioned in the title as a replacement for my older, 802.11g Belkin router. I set it up with no problems using the familiar Belkin interface. All was good, I was getting better wireless coverage and performance as expected.

All was well until I tried to go on my XBOX live to play some COD. The XBOX could not connect to live and upon testing the connection I was receiving the error "your MTU settings are insufficient". However, according to the router my settings are correct.

I have tried for the best part of two days to get this working and tried just about every possible fix under the sun!

The XBOX connects some times (seemingly when I restart or restore the router) bit connectivity is quickly lost and replaced with the dame MTU error message.

So, a stab in the dark but I was wondering if anyone has this router (model F5D8635uk4A) and has any similar problems, can shed any light onto the situation?

Thanks in advance!

Chris :)

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Well, after much time spent talking with Belkin support and doing research on the net I have come to the conclusion that this router, at present, simply does not work with XBOX Live!

So I managed to get it exchanged for a Netgear DGN2000 N Modem Router which I must say is pretty good! It's not as fancy as the Belkin menu wise and it doesn't have a USB port for adding storage but it does what it says on the tin and from what I can tell so far it does it well!

So let this be a warning to any of you with XBOX live looking to upgrade your networking gear, steer clear of the Belkin F5D8635uk4A, at least until they address the XBOX Live problem!

;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.