airport turns off and can't be turned back on without restart

Reaction score
Hi,

The Airport on my Macbook has begun to do something strange. After a few hours of being on and connected to my home wifi, it randomly turns off. Then I can not turn it back on by clicking it. When I click it, it does nothing. It is like it is frozen. Even when I run the diagnostics it says that it is off, but I still can not turn it back on without restarting my computer.

I have been using this daily for over a year, and this has never occurred until recently.

Any ideas or help? It is very anyone, especially when you are in the middle of doing something, and have to restart the computer!

Thanks,

'Isa

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sounds like a defective or intermittent airport card in your MacBook.

Run the Apple Hardware Test with your original install media: Link The AHT may or may not detect something wrong since the problem is likely intermittent.

If the card is defective, it's possible to change it out yourself. See the following article at the "ifixit" web site. Link

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.