how to share MS-Office 2008 for MAC with 2 users on same MCP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2,26GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB
Just bought a new MCP and need help in the set-up. I installed MS Office 2008 for MAC as "administrator" and want to have the programs also available for my 2 children's accounts on the same MCP. What do I need to do?
Thanks!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
They just need to launch it from the Applications folder:
On a mac the /Applications folder is available to all users. The data and settings are stored in each user's home folder though, so that's user-specific.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info....but....
Will they then always see the excel, word, etc. icons on the dock when they log-in? And where do I find the application folder? (need to translate the terms into German...)

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Thanks for the info....but....
Will they then always see the excel, word, etc. icons on the dock when they log-in? And where do I find the application folder? (need to translate the terms into German...)
If you drag the icons to their Docks, sure!

All your apps are in:
"Macintosh HD / Programme".

To get there, double-click the Mac HD icon on your desktop & then click on "Programme". From there you can launch all of the installed applications, or add them to the dock by dragging an icon into the dock area. (Note: You can only drag folders into the right-hand side of the dock, right of the divider.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you drag the icons to their Docks, sure!

All your apps are in:
"Macintosh HD / Programme".

To get there, double-click the Mac HD icon on your desktop & then click on "Programme". From there you can launch all of the installed applications, or add them to the dock by dragging an icon into the dock area. (Note: You can only drag folders into the right-hand side of the dock, right of the divider.

Vielen Dank...werde es sofort ausprobieren!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.