Hey guys~

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
Graphite said:
honestly, all of you, stop multiposting, your posts are all less than 3 min apart and right in a row. Edit your post if your going to add to it. Otherwise wait for a response.
They're trying to help me.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Okay, I see a couple of things that you need to fix, before you can install that app. I think you are running the apps from the images on your desktop. You'll want to drag the icons in the images to your Applications Folder, then eject them, by dragging them to the waste basket.

I would stop the installation and restart your computer and start the installation again.

Edit: And also eject the CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
iphix said:
They're trying to help me.

and im trying to make it easier for you to get help. Trust me, you will help everyone if you wait for an answer rather than spamming 3x "answer my question". Just don't do it. There is a difference between sending multiple messages a few min apart and sending multiple spam messages and annoying "OMG HELP ME" messages a few min apart.

I will PM you, If you have any questions about the concept of a forum and how it is different from a chatroom please ask there.

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- How do I change my disk to another name besides untitled?

- How come every program I install it install a disk on my desktop with the name of program?

- Why will my os x update?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Single click on the text of the icon.

All programs will install like that. They all will mount themselves and in most cases you'll need to simply drag them to the Apps folder.

It will prompt you on updates as the updates become available. But you might want to go the system prefs and check to make sure, it checks for updates automatically. System Pres. -> Software Update ->, then check the check box for "Check for updates:, and also click on "Check Now".

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iWhat said:
Single click on the text of the icon.

All programs will install like that. They all will mount themselves and in most cases you'll need to simply drag them to the Apps folder.

It will prompt you on updates as the updates become available. But you might want to go the system prefs and check to make sure, it checks for updates automatically. System Pres. -> Software Update ->, then check the check box for "Check for updates:, and also click on "Check Now".

Thanks, bro. Thats the most help I got all day out of this mess.

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey, iWhat. I dragged and dropped the icons into my apps folder, but they are still staying on my desktop.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Drag them to the trash.

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iWhat said:
Drag them to the trash.

Everytime I drag firefox to the trash it deletes the whole thing from my comp. And I'm talking about just the desktop thing.

Are there any other browsers out there good for mac?

Anyway also, after i'm done installing, can i delete the .bng and .dmg files?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Make sure you drag the icon of Firefox that is inside the disk image on the desktop in the Apps folder. You don't really want the disk on the desktop, because the app is already installed in the apps folder, so that is why you need to drag it to the trash and make it disappear.

And yes, just delete the .img's, .dmg's, .zip's, .bin's, ,hqx's, and the .bin's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.