Speck case for 17" Macbook Pro Unibody. Colours?

Reaction score
Hey, I just had a quick question.

How long do you think it will be until Speck comes out with colours for their uMBP 17" cases?
I've never had a laptop before so I never bought with Speck or had to wait on them to come out with a colour.
How long do they usually take to release them?
I know they could easily do it, I'm guessing they don't for selling purposes?
But I don't really want to pay 50 dollars to buy a hard case now and then have them come out with blue and either buy another case or wish I had the blue.

Small thing, I guess. Just curious. :O

Thanks.

-SP

P.S: I already E-mailed Speck asking them about it and they responded saying something like "we don't have any information on new cases." or some junk.
Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
if you go to specks website and look at the hardshell covers for the 13" and 15" macbook pro it says they wont work for the new macbook pros that came out on 6/8/09. I remember reading on someone's thread that they emailed speck to find out when those would be coming out and they said in a month or so. But the cases for the 17" are already for the new model. So Im guessing they might release more colors when they have the new cases out for the 13 and 15". Hope this is some help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the availability of the new MacBook cases. The following new MacBook case will be available for purchase through the Speck Products website between July 15 and July 22, 2009. The colors available are currently shown on our. No new colors will be available.

SeeThru Satin

Soft-Touch on a Hard Shell Case:

For MacBook 13” (aluminum, black keys)

For MacBook 15” (aluminum, black keys)

SeeThru Hard Shell Case

For MacBook 13” (aluminum, black keys)

For MacBook 15” (aluminum, black keys)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.