RAM Upgrade

Reaction score
hey new to the forum :eek:

right now i'm planning to buy the new 13" 2.2GHz MBP but i just have some questions on upgrading the ram which i plan to do myself to save some money...

1. what's the diff between ddr2 and ddr3 ram?
2. what is dual channel memory?
3. has anyone ever used OCZ Technology ram in their pentium MBP, if so would you recommend it?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Here, and here.

Google is your friend, you should try it some time.

OCZ is alright. For generic ram it sure isn't any cheaper than the leading brands though. IE. Crucial, Kingston, Corsair etc.

Here is a comparative list of brands against OCZ. They have better latency than the OCZ brand and in most cases cost less. >_>"

OP
F
Reaction score
Here, and here.

Google is your friend, you should try it some time.

OCZ is alright. For generic ram it sure isn't any cheaper than the leading brands though. IE. Crucial, Kingston, Corsair etc.

Here is a comparative list of brands against OCZ. They have better latency than the OCZ brand and in most cases cost less. >_>"

thanks for the comparisson link :D
but i figured that it would just be a whole lot easier to pay the extra $110 and have apple upgrade the ram for me instead of having to pay about 100 after shipping and currency conversion... the cheapest canadian crucial ram i found was $94 :Angry-Tongue:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.