Colorware "Stealth" Black Macbook Pro *HOT*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've been waiting for Apple to do something like this every since I made the switch. If I had $6,000 for a computer, I'd definitely get one. It includes a soft touch scratch resistant zero fingerprint finish, top shelf specs and looks that will make you smile every time you look at it and turn the head of everyone else. I'd actually rather have a black aluminum finished, but this would do just fine.

Anyone want to float me a loan? :)

Colorware - Stealth Macbook Pro

stealth-macbook-pro.jpg

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't think a paint job should warrant a six grand MBP. >_>"

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't think a paint job should warrant a six grand MBP. >_>"
Nor do the specs. No notebook is worth $6,000. Sure the specs are nice but there is no way you can justify that kind of money for it.

For fun, I customized a Mac Pro that came as close as I could get it to $6,000. I got a 2x2.66 Quad Core Xeon, 8GB 1066 DDR3, 3x1TB + 1x640GB HDs, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB with a 24" LED Cinema Display for $5,998 CDN. I'll take the MP.

EDIT: After doing a currency conversion, $5,998 CDN is $5,167.13 USD. I guess I still have some play room :).

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
While it looks awesome, I'm not sure that I'd want a painted aluminum MacBook. While you can easily scratch the aluminum, I'd imagine it would be much less noticeable than the aluminum showing through black paint.

Oh, and these guys are crazy with their prices. If it's a sustainable business, I guess PT Barnum was right...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
You can send your own 15" MBP in for "coloring". Only $499 - a real bargain :)

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
While I agree that this item is pretty overpriced, I would say it's a bit more than a simple "paint job". I don't think they're using a standard paint here. It seems more like some kind of textured coating that would probably be more resistant to wear and scuffing/scratching. You also have to factor in the fact that they are switching out the glossy screen for a matte screen, the SSD instead of a a standard HD (which probably could be a 512GB for that price) and the work to completely tear the machine down and turn everything black, including the touchpad, and keep it as fully functional as a factory MBP. It looks like they're also going for rarity as a factor for price premium with the limited quantity of 10 units.

It's a luxury custom item to be sure, but I would rather go for this kind of understated style than some gaudy stone-encrusted monstrosity. If I had the money I would go for it, and keep it tears after it gets to be obsolete like some people are with their old powerbooks or eMacs.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
While I agree that this item is pretty overpriced, I would say it's a bit more than a simple "paint job". I don't think they're using a standard paint here. It seems more like some kind of textured coating that would probably be more resistant to wear and scuffing/scratching. You also have to factor in the fact that they are switching out the glossy screen for a matte screen, the SSD instead of a a standard HD (which probably could be a 512GB for that price) and the work to completely tear the machine down and turn everything black, including the touchpad, and keep it as fully functional as a factory MBP. It looks like they're also going for rarity as a factor for price premium with the limited quantity of 10 units.

It's a luxury custom item to be sure, but I would rather go for this kind of understated style than some gaudy stone-encrusted monstrosity. If I had the money I would go for it, and keep it tears after it gets to be obsolete like some people are with their old powerbooks or eMacs.

For that premium price I expect it to have more mods than a matte screen, a SSD, and scratch resistant paint.

Too each his own though.

I rather use that six grand building a top of the line gaming rig, or possible invest it in a Mac Pro.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I'd have to have some serious discretionary income to buy one of these. I spec'd an MBP to these specs on Apple and it's actually $4250, so it's not quite so bad for all of the customization.

But I think I would also like something with more bang for the buck first. Just think of the fire-breathing-dragon-of-a-Mac-Pro you could have for that money!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.