MetaX and Tag Chimp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
[rant]

Ok, I have to say this. I'm not going to bother posting on the tag chimp forums (I am a member) because it won't really do any good.

I know Tag Chimp is really driven by the users and the more info you upload, the more you get. The problem I have is even when I fill in all the blanks and chapter titles and "share" the tags Tag Chimp still doesn't seem to show the stuff I have taken the time time share. I've read others on their forums complain about this but there is always some excuse why the poster is not doing something right etc, etc, etc. The fact is, the whole system seems sub-par to me.

What also gets me is you look for a popular show like "The Simpsons" and find it, but with no data or most of the data missing. The I go looking for a show like "Monk" and everything is there". This annoys the crud out of me, how can some of the most popular shows be missing from their database? Yes, I know, I answered my own question in the previous paragraph.

Ok, I'm done. I feel better now. Back to tagging the hard way.

[/rant]

Reaction score
[rant]

Ok, I have to say this. I'm not going to bother posting on the tag chimp forums (I am a member) because it won't really do any good.

I know Tag Chimp is really driven by the users and the more info you upload, the more you get. The problem I have is even when I fill in all the blanks and chapter titles and "share" the tags Tag Chimp still doesn't seem to show the stuff I have taken the time time share. I've read others on their forums complain about this but there is always some excuse why the poster is not doing something right etc, etc, etc. The fact is, the whole system seems sub-par to me.

What also gets me is you look for a popular show like "The Simpsons" and find it, but with no data or most of the data missing. The I go looking for a show like "Monk" and everything is there". This annoys the crud out of me, how can some of the most popular shows be missing from their database? Yes, I know, I answered my own question in the previous paragraph.

Ok, I'm done. I feel better now. Back to tagging the hard way.

[/rant]

Hi Baggss,

I wish you would have posted this on the tagChimp forum!

The reason you're not posting tags to tagChimp is because of MetaX. tagChimp was updated in February, 2009 - making the submissions more strict for cleaner data. MetaX hasn't been updated to take advantage of this. Therefore, MetaX has been blocked from posting. Until a new version of MetaX is released (the developer says he's working on it), you won't be able to post any tags.

When it comes to TV shows; I'm with you. Unfortunately there are a LOT of people out there that don't know how to tag a file, even though there are instructions and examples everywhere. When the new version of MetaX comes out, hopefully it will contain the new TV lookup feature, allowing for lookup by name and season number, using your filename; such as Seinfeld-S01E01-The Seinfeld Chronicles.m4v.

Tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.